How to Apply
Where must projects take place? All projects must be located entirely or substantially within the boundary of the Brecon Beacons National Park
What type of organisations can apply: The Brecon Beacons Trust is happy to accept applications from:
- Constituted Community Groups
- Other constituted not-for-profit organisations operating as voluntary bodies
In all cases the Trust will ensure that its grant aid is used to achieve charitable purposes that demonstrate public benefit and also meet the Brecon Beacons Trust own charitable objectives.
The Trust does not provide grants to individuals, private for-profit organisations or public sector organisations to fund their statutory activities. However, the Trust acknowledges that there are considerable benefits to be gained from meaningful partnerships between the voluntary, statutory and private sectors when such groups work together. It will therefore consider funding joint partnership projects by voluntary organisations which meet the Trust’s objectives including partnerships with public and private sector.
What types of project can be funded? The following are typical of the areas, which, either singly or in combination the Trust is likely fund. The list is indicative not comprehensive or exclusive
- Habitat creation and management
- Species conservation and protection
- Archaeological protection and conservation
- Access works to the environment
- Environmental and archaeological interpretation and publicity
- On-site environmental education
- Litter abatement
- Sustainable Transport
- Renewable energy initiatives
- Pre-Project Studies – design studies, feasibility studies and business plans etc.
How to Apply: Organisations must discuss their potential proposal with the Trust’s Secretary prior to submitting a formal application for funding. The Trust Secretary may be contacted by telephone or e-mail – he is
Tel: 01873 832490
Mobile: 07788 530021
Once you have discussed your application you will be sent the documentation to enable you to make an application. Discussing your project with the Trust’s Secretary should help ensure that your application contains the correct information and can be dealt with quickly. The Trust Secretary is happy to visit projects when needed.